Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") derives from the Siter.com, and governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Siter.com. By using or accessing Siter.com, you agree to this Statement.
1. Looking up telephone numbers on Siter.com
People with cellular telephones, fixed-line telephones or Internet access may consult the Siter.com database, which relates domain names, e-mails and URLs to telephone numbers, so long as:
1. The telephone numbers are not looked up in an automated way, which is to say using an automated system.
2. The person looking up the telephone number holds Siter harmless from any civil or criminal liability, the cost of the call, or lost profits in relation to the answer provided. However, Siter.com will make a best effort to respond to the question with the best telephone number possible that is associated with the question entered.
3. If the system is accessed by SMS, the cost of sending the SMS is entirely the responsibility of the person looking up the telephone number.
2. Registration of telephone numbers by the owners of domain names, e-mail addresses, blogs and URLs
The owners of domain names, e-mail addresses and URLs may register telephone numbers and their respective addresses:
1. The person performing the registration authorizes Siter.com to release the registered telephone numbers and addresses.
2. Siter.com will create an interface that allows a user to register and be authenticated. For owners of domain names and URLs in general, it will be necessary to insert a meta-tag or, encrypted archive, where the site is hosted so the registration can be authenticated in our system. If there are two authenticated logins for the same domain name, URL or e-mail address, the one most recently authenticated will be considered authoritative.
3. For owners of e-mail addresses, authentication will be done by sending an authentication e-mail.
4. The registration and all information provided is entirely the responsibility of the person performing the registration.
5. If Siter.com receives information from the owner of a domain name, URL or e-mail address that leads it to believe the registration, whether authenticated or not, was not made by the actual owner of the domain name, URL or e-mail address, the person who registered authorizes Siter.com to suspend the account until the question regarding ownership of the data is clarified.
6. If Siter.com receives information indicating the information provided is being used to carry out a crime or assist in a fraud or an unethical act in relation to the Internet in general, the person who registered authorizes Siter.com to suspend his or her account until the question regarding the use of the data is clarified.
7. The registration that has authenticated a particular domain name will have the right to define which telephone numbers and e-mail addresses will be associated with that domain name, even if the system already has users who have authenticated their e-mail addresses. In this case, the owner of the domain name will be able to change the e-mail addresses of this domain name and this change will be entirely his or her responsibility.
8. In cases in which a payment is to be made for registration, the person registering authorizes Siter.com to process his or her credit card at the time of the request for registration and in subsequent years.
9. The owner of the registration can request cancellation of his or her account at Siter.com at any time, but no prorated amount will be returned.
10. All communication between Siter.com and the customer will be done through the registered e-mail address and it will be up to the person who registered to keep this registration correct and active, and he or she must place the e-mails received from *@siter.com on his or her list of e-mails that are not blocked by anti-spam systems (whitelist).
11. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
12. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
13. Siter.com will provide an icon that identifies your domain name, URL, blog or e-mail address as being registered on our system. This icon can be placed on your website, blog or e-mail free of charge so long as the sole and exclusive purpose is to inform your customers, contacts and visitors of your registration with our system. If the icon is used in a way that harms the image of Siter.com, its use will be prohibited and may be subject to appropriate criminal penalties.
14. Services provided free of charge by Siter.com may be changed into products or services for which there is a charge at any time. Provision of a service free of charge by Siter.com does not obligate Siter.com to continue offering the service free of charge.
15. The SiteriD should be used exclusively by individuals. The choice of SiteriD is entirely the responsibility of the applicant. If SiteriD reflect a brand, company, website or operation of the Internet, Siter may suspend or cancel it at no cost and through a notice of seven days.
3. System of affiliates
Siter.com will have affiliates who will be paid commissions from sales made on Siter.com
1. Each affiliate will have an interface for registration and for monitoring requests made.
2. Each affiliate will have a unique identification number, which will be recorded in a cookie at the customer’s website. The cookie will have a maximum validity of three months.
3. Only paid requests made at Siter.com that are identified with the affiliate number described above will be considered valid and subject to a commission payment.
4. Each affiliate will have a right to 25% of the first request only that is made by customers who have the affiliate code in their requests.
5. Only 30 days after payment by the customer will the commission will be calculated on the affiliate’s sheet.
6. The commissions to which the affiliates have a right will be paid only when they exceed the minimum amount of US$100.
7. Siter.com does not accept complaints regarding commissions earned with requests that are not identified with the affiliate’s code.
8. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
1. We can change this Statement so long as we provide you notice through Siter.com (unless you opt-out of such notice) and an opportunity to comment.
2. For changes to sections 1, 2, and 3 (sections relating to queries, clients and affiliates), we will give you a minimum of three days notice. For all other changes we will give you a minimum of seven days notice.
3. We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons upon notice without opportunity to comment.
1. If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Siter.com to you.
1. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions or your content on Siter.com, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
3. WE TRY TO KEEP SITER.COM UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING SITER.COM? "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT SITER.COM WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. SITER.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR CONTENT OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR SITER.COM WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, SITER.COM'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
1. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding SITER.COM, and supersedes any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
4. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
5. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
6. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
8. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
9. All communication among the users, customers and affiliates will be in English.